I wanted to write something to and for my friends and extended family within Infinity Forge on my birthday. Every year I like to reflect on some things I am thankful for, and I have a lot of people to be thankful for.
First and foremost thank you for all the love, support, and friendship. The people I've met though not only Vainglory, but Critical Ops, and streaming have had a tremendous impact on my life; and today I'd like to say thank you.
Last year I lost both my mother, and my father to separate unrelated events. My mother passed early in the year, my father a few months after I moved out. On top of losing my parents, I had moved hours away from my hometown, and my closest friends. I essentially lost my entire support system and I can honestly say that 2016 was one of the worst years of my life. But, while I moved away from my hometown friends I thankfully still had the small (but growing) group of people I now consider some of my closest friends. It started in Vainglory with my longest tenured friends from the guild Blitzkrieg and the original Infinity Forge, they ended up being the most uber supportive of my "crazy" idea to start an organization.
- diffidxnce, thank you for always being a kind voice of reason, even though we may disagree from time to time I love that we can talk just about anything and everything. Meeting you and Fred in Seattle was so so awesome and I can't wait to see the both of you again. But what sticks out to me more are those conversations where we both fell asleep on Discord. Those are some of my fondest, and sleepiest memories. But nothing will ever top the first time we met. That was probably thee most hilariously awesome conversation I've ever had about Fortress, and it makes me smile every time I think back on it.
- BuzzFred, you are genuinely one of the most selfless people I know. You also spend money more recklessly than anyone I know! But, a lot of it is spent on and with the people you care about. And I know we both believe that no dollar amount can ever compete with the value of friendship. You prove time and time again that a good time with good people is priceless. Thank you.
- Razadox, or should I say Razababe. Whether it be our in real life hang outs, or you trolling me relentlessly in Vainglory. You always find a way to make me die laughing, and for that I'll forever be thankful. I know you say that supporting is something that you're destined to do, and that if you wrote a book about yourself you'd be a supporting character. But, I think you're selling yourself short. But hey you like supporting so more power to you! (Remember to fountain pls).
- Special shoutout to Masuma, one of thee most intelligent people I think I've ever met. I was lucky to just hear you talk about some of your accomplishments. You're definitely a world changer, and you probably won't read this but man...seriously you are on impressive dude.
I wouldn't of had the support to even make it this far without you guys. Thank you. Now, while they were some of the originals they aren't the only ones who had a huge impact. One person in particular became a very good friend of mine very quickly, and a huge huge supporter from his first few days of hanging out with us.
- nateLsucio, dude where do I start! You've been an instrumental piece of what I've been able to accomplish. Or I should say, we've been able to accomplish. You've given me some of the best advice personally, and you've had some of the most awesome ideas. I'm so glad you happened to stumble upon my stream on Mobcrush. Your influence has not only inspired me, but caused me to work harder, and your insight into many avenues has been priceless. Above all else you've been an even better friend. I know I can always count on you for advice, feedback, and more importantly a conversation if I need it. Thank you for everything nate. I can never say that enough. (P.s. I'm better than you at Vainglory now heheXD)
Now, the last few people I'd like to talk about:
- Koko2K, Ish you're honestly one of the brightest kids with the biggest heart. You're a great leader, friend, and I know that you're meant for greatness. I hope, that I can provide some guidance to repay you for the friendship that you've given me. I know that we met through the most mature gaming community in the world in Critical Ops, but your level of professionalism and commitment to excellence impressed me from the moment I met you. I'm excited to see where the future takes us. Much love to you my man.
- Alex, you probably thought I was gonna leave you off this huh? I almost did to troll you, would have gotten you back for every time you've trolled me! But in all seriousness you're an awesome kid, you like Nick always make me laugh. I've known you for just about as long as the original IYG. Man how time flies. I'll never get tired of all the jokes made at my expense, you've been a great friend and a source of many laughing tears. Thank you for being you. (P.s. Stop being toxic tho pls thx)
- 69Swagson, ahhhhhhh Joel, or more well know as the powerful EagleGodBeast! You went from one of thee most toxic individuals in the Vainglory community to probably one of the most chill (as long as you don't ping him). Your turnaround was impressive and I'm glad it happened because you've become part of the kinda hilariously semi-non-toxic family that was put together. It's good to have you around Swagson. But a request, next time we're at a live event with a place to sign your IGN...spell it right please!
Thank you to everyone else. From the people in the Infinite Fam: Apollo (Hearing about your experience in competitive vainglory, and our long conversations in general are always awesome), AeZ (Literally the friendliest person I've ever met), AlexTheEngineer (My favorite traitor), Selmaw (best troll NA), xAffliction (Toxic Oops), Wynndigo (Literal human super-computer, If i was a number I would cower in fear), Swiftt (aka most handsome rager NA), Derek (Backwoods, lol), Tek (Taught me how to not be hopeless in VG), Bryaa (mildly toxic, awesomely dark sense of humor) . To the hardworking staff of SEMC who even made it possible for me to find these amazing people. To the twins from Blitzkrieg who accepted me when I was unranked (secret: still play at an unranked level.) Thank you!
I'm sorry if I missed anyone specifically. But thank you, while 2016 was one of the hardest years of my life it helped so much to be surrounded by such awesome people. I look back and find myself in awe with how lucky I've been to have such good people around me. Every night on discord with you all is a good night to me. And to all the people who have helped me in any way thank you. In my 23 years of life I've learned that life isn't about what you spend your money on but about who you spend your time with. Every conversation, every piece of advice has been helped me in one way or another.
So, my birthday wish this year is that everyone gets lucky enough to find a group of people as awesome as I have.
Founder Infinity Forge esports